Effecta has offices in London and Dubai. We service clients based throughout the UK and the UAE by assisting them with their regulatory requirements in these specific jurisdictions. Through our network of consultants and affiliated companies we are able to assist a wide range of firms in different jurisdictions in getting the regulatory support that they need.
Effecta specialises in working with brokerage firms and MTF’s to navigate the complex and ever-changing regulatory landscape. These firms operate in a highly regulated environment, and it is crucial for them to maintain compliance with various rules and regulations. Failure to do so can result in significant penalties, reputational damage, and loss of clients.
Effecta has a team of experienced compliance professionals who possess a deep understanding of the brokerage firms as well as trading venues. We work closely with our clients to develop and implement effective compliance solutions that meet their specific needs and business objectives. In the global environment in which brokerage firms operate we have experts based in both UK and UAE helping firms to cover the relevant trading time zones of Europe and the Middle East.
Our consultancy services cover a broad range of regulatory issues that are relevant to brokerage firms, including:
- FCA Authorisations for Firms and SMF’s
- Corporate Governance
- Communications Monitoring and Trade Surveillance
- Review of best execution policies and monitoring
- AML and KYC requirements
- Health checks/ ongoing compliance monitoring
- Review and update to policies and procedures
- Training of staff on relevant topics such as Market Abuse, Code of Conduct, Conflicts of interest (see training section for further details)
At Effecta, we recognise that compliance is not just a regulatory requirement; it is also a critical component of good business practice. Our goal is to help our clients achieve their objectives while also maintaining compliance with all relevant regulations. We aim to provide practical, effective, and efficient compliance solutions that add value to our clients’ businesses.
So, if you are a brokerage firm looking for a compliance consultancy that can help you stay on top of regulatory issues, look no further than our team of experts. We are committed to helping our clients navigate the complex regulatory landscape and stay ahead of the curve.
Asset management firms operate in a heavily regulated industry, and as such, face various compliance issues depending on the type of firm and the jurisdictions they operate in. Effecta’s team of experts have wide ranging experience over different fund structures, jurisdictions and strategies, we are fund agnostic but understand that different types of funds come with different regulatory risks. Our experts sit in both UK and the UAE covering the needs of our clients in both these jurisdictions.
Effecta appreciates that different structures pose different regulatory challenges and customise our services accordingly. The key regulatory risk facing asset managers includes:
- Conflicts of Interest
- Corporate Governance
- Regulatory Returns/Notifications
- Investor Protection and disclosure requirements
- AML and KYC requirements
- Suitability and Investment Processes
- Marketing and Financial Promotions
- CASS and Prudential requirements
So if you are an asset management firm looking for customised support focusing on the regulatory risks which apply to you then contact one of Effecta’s team of experts.
AML, or Anti-Money Laundering, is a set of regulations and procedures designed to prevent the illicit use of financial systems to launder money or finance criminal activities. Compliance with AML regulations is essential for financial institutions and businesses operating in various industries to mitigate the risk of facilitating illegal transactions.
Effecta can help businesses in various ways to ensure compliance with AML regulations either on an ongoing or project/remediation basis depending on your needs . For examples Effecta can provide the following:
- Risk Assessment: Assessing AML risks at different types of firms by identifying potential areas of vulnerability and recommending strategies to mitigate those risks.
- Compliance Program Development: Develop and implement effective AML compliance programs. These programs may include policies and procedures, employee training, and ongoing monitoring and testing.
- Due Diligence: Conducting due diligence on customers, vendors, and other third parties to ensure they are not involved in illegal activities or are subject to sanctions.
- Transaction Monitoring: Assist in identifying and implement transaction monitoring systems to identify suspicious activity and report it to the appropriate authorities.
- Regulatory Reporting: Assist firms in preparing and filing internal and external regulatory reports required by AML regulations, such as suspicious activity reports (SARs) and annual MLRO reports.
This service can be provided to support firms with their AML obligations on an ongoing basis or to review the controls already in place. We also have the ability to assist firms when things go wrong or remediation action is required and have access to a team of professionals who can provide the additional resource required to look back and identify gaps in the information held. With expertise in the UK and UAE firms get the benefit of consultants who can assist with the challenges of onboarding in the international markets where regulatory requirements may be similar but not the same. Overall, Effecta can provide valuable expertise and support to help businesses comply with AML regulations, manage risk, and safeguard your reputation.
Effecta works with financial services firms helping them to manage and implement changes driven by new regulations and strategic risk management objectives. Our consultants are all industry practitioners who understand the pressures and obligations of regulated firms as well as those registered as Compliance Officer, MLRO’s and Senior Managers and we are there to help our clients navigate many of today’s largest, most challenging issues impacting the financial services industry.
Effecta can provide Compliance support to both multinationals and start-ups across a wide range of financial services firms, including:
- Asset Managers & Advisers
- Prime Brokers
- Broker Dealers
- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity & Venture Capital Firms
- Real Estate & Infrastructure Firms
- Wealth Managers
- Investment Banks
- Corporate Finance Advisers
- Family Office
- Venue Operators (MTFs/OTFs)
- Digital & Crypto Currencies
- Benchmark Administrators/Calculation Agents
- E-Money & Payment Service Providers
Effecta assists firms with their regulatory requirements, providing comprehensive advice and solutions based on international expertise and local experience.